Sears Trostel Lumber and Millwork is currently seeking an Estimator/Senior Account Manager
. The right candidate will represent the company through the functions of estimating, project management, sales support, customer service and leadership to our Customer Service Representatives. The Estimator/Senior Account Manager is a member of the management team and is primarily responsible for coordinating all estimating to ensure gross margin goals and opportunities are maximized, as well as managing projects so that our team creates high levels of customer satisfaction. Secondary, the Estimator/Senior Account Manager is responsible for growing repeat business through the relationships they cultivate both internal and external to the organization.
Sears Trostel has been in business since 1929 and is a direct and wholesale distributor of lumber and millwork materials to lumber dealers, contractors, homebuilders and commercial companies. Sears Trostel offers products for various uses including but not limited to interior and exterior mouldings, doors, stairs, wall paneling, beams and many more items. Sears Trostel offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and life insurance, 401K, paid holidays and paid vacation. Sears Trostel is a drug free workplace and pre-placement drug testing is required.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate. Conduct field visits and attend project meetings as needed.
- Review schedules of projects being estimated.
- Proactively manage assigned projects with attention to time, material and labor cost management without direct supervision.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Provide customers with professional recommendations on options, as well as pricing and availability data to meet customers’ needs.
- Work with Company employees, owners and subcontractors to get commitment/consensus regarding proposed bids.
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors.
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Provide the management team with up-to-date information relating to customer activity, outstanding quotes and open or upcoming projects.
- The ability to partner with business personnel at all levels, both internal and external to the organization.
- Work for and with the sales staff; both in supporting Outside Sales and assuming a leadership role with Customer Service Representatives.
- Actively sell and service existing accounts via phone and email.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Professionally prepare customer quotes and follow-up on open quotes.
- Process orders in a timely manner.
- Follow-up on delivered orders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work to continually advance self-knowledge of products.
- Learn about and promote new product lines.
- The ability to work in a team-based environment and to be accountable on both individual and team-based assignments.
- Minimum 5 years experience in commercial millwork, preferred.
- Building Materials knowledge (preferably lumber and millwork) required.
- Experience processing orders, estimating and preparing quotes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Proficiency in Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- The ability to work with a sense of urgency well and under various stressful and time-sensitive situations.
- Problem solver, takes initiative and makes decisions.
- Positive, proactive and energetic attitude.
- Good math competency.