Sears Trostel Lumber and Millwork is currently seeking an outside sales person for our Denver Metro Distribution Territory, selling to lumber yards, design centers and retail customers. Sears Trostel is a direct and wholesale distributor of lumber and millwork materials to lumber dealers, contractors, homebuilders and commercial companies. The right candidate will represent the company providing sales and customer service at customer’s offices/stores to generate new sales by gathering data related to customer needs and design specifications and acting as company liaison.
Sears Trostel has been in business since 1929. Sears Trostel offers products for various uses including but not limited to interior and exterior mouldings, cabinets, doors, stairs, wall paneling, beams and many more items. The company delivers these products to its customers throughout the week. Sears Trostel offers a competitive benefits package including a base salary plus commissions and incentives, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401K, paid holidays and paid vacation. Sears Trostel is a drug free workplace and pre-placement drug testing is required.
GREAT Opportunities -- Our Full Time Salespeople have the exciting opportunity to control their career destiny by enjoying unlimited earning potential as they create new customers and service their customers in their territory.
GREAT Support -- We are committed to providing the training, information, branch support, and an exceptional inside sales staff that are necessary to facilitate the success of our Outside Sales staff.
Responsibilities of the Full-Time Salesperson role include:
- Ensuring business development and sales strategies are successfully implemented.
- Spends majority of daily activities making sales calls and obtaining new business with distribution customers.
- Develops effective sales techniques, familiarity with industry and products offered.
- Building and maintaining long-term customer relationships to grow revenue.
- Assisting the customers by reviewing their needs and offering the best product to fulfill the job.
- A history of demonstrated success in lumber or building material outside sales
- Ability to organize time and identify key selling opportunities
- A positive, can-do attitude and desire to exceed expectations.
- A passion for developing and maintaining long-term customer relationships.
- Being a problem solver for the customer.
- Being able to provide a solid record of developing new business and maintaining large accounts.
- Valid Driver’s License, Clean Driving Record and Proof of Insurance
- 3+ years’ experience in an outside sales or business development role
- Ability to work from home out of a home office
- Travel 80% of the time within the designated territory and occasionally to Fort Collins
- Base salary and monthly-paid commission.