RIVERSIDE AVE. LOCATION
Do you enjoy working with wood and people? Sears Trostel is looking for a full-time Retail Sales Associate
to help customers bring their great ideas to life. Assisting contractors in sourcing quality materials and tools for their jobs, to helping the hobbyist woodworker find the perfect wood for their next masterpiece, there is purpose and variety in this fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position with a Saturday schedule requirement.
Prior retail sales or customer service experience is a must, and knowledge of wood and wood products is preferred, but you will also learn a lot about the lumber industry and construction on the job.
Sears Trostel has been in business since 1929, and great customer service is at the heart of that success. With that in mind, the ideal candidate will display strong customer focus, initiative and follow-through, as well as excellent computer and phone skills. In addition to consulting with customers on a wide variety of products and services, responsibilities include assisting in the administration of one or more product lines by:
- Regularly evaluating and making decisions regarding in-store stock item selection
- Assist in the set-up of in-store displays
- Evaluate sales and inventory data to identify sales improvement and/or inventory reduction opportunities
- Assist in initiating product promotional activities and ensuring thorough execution of each promotion
Pertinent skills and qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to conduct multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge about and comfort in a retail environment
- Ability to maintain a calm and confident demeanor during busy times
- Ability to adhere to a high standard of service that places the customer first
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
With retail and wholesale manufacturing facilities, Sears Trostel can offer career opportunities with advancement potential. Our excellent salary and competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid vacation and holidays. We also provide a drug-free workplace with pre-placement drug screening required.
Job type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.